28 Feb A GAHWA WITH
Name: IZASKIN KEREJETA AIERBE
Years in Riyadh: 2 YEARS
Profession: ASSOIATE PROFESSOR AT KING SAUD UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL & CONSULTANT IN OBSTETRIC AND GYNECOLOGY
- Why did you move to Riyadh?
- I moved to Riyadh because my husband was working in Saudi Arabia and I decided to join him. I had an offer in King Saud University Hospital.
- What’s your favorite thing about being an expat in Riyadh?
- I enjoy working as a doctor and teaching in a different country and culture.
- Best restaurant in Riyadh?
- I am coming from a country that in our culture the cuisine is very important . I have to be honest that so far I did not find a good quality restaurant.
- What do you miss most?
- I miss most, the good restaurants and my walks in the mountain.
- Best Arabic food?
- I like kebab and kofta
- Which is the first word you learned in Arabic?
- Which type of date you like most?
- I do not like dates, but If I have to choose one, I would choose Sukar.
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
- A Saudi woman invited me to her house to drink camel milk!
- What custom/ habits do you find most strange about your adopted culture?
- The segregation of gender and wearing the abaya.
- What advice would you give other expats?
To come with an open mind and a positive attitude and to be respectful of local traditions.