Women Skills Bureau Riyadh launches a volunteer program for expat ladies
VolunteerWSB is a project, from Women Skills Bureau Riyadh that connects skilled professional women from different nationalities and backgrounds with volunteer opportunities in the Riyadh community. VolunteerWSB aims to contribute to those local organizations and communities in need of professional support.
MATCHING VOLUNTEER INTERESTS TO NONPROFIT NEEDS
VolunteerWSB believes that every expat living in Riyadh has a lot to offer to the local community and should be able to contribute to the community with their professional skills. At VolunteerWSB we help connect good causes with the expat community.
Volunteering can take many different forms, from spending time with kids with disabilities, to helping out at cats shelters. From teaching art to kids with Down syndrome to teaching how to cook healthy food…Every single skill is more than welcome.
PUTTING THEM TOGETHER…
In order to create the best connections between volunteers and nonprofits, we have an online platform with specific tools that help to match the non-profits needs with the volunteer’s skills.
We encourage all expat women to visit our web page and join us and keep an eye on all the news regarding the nonprofit organizations that matches with their needs.
THE POWER OF VOLUNTEERING
At Women Skills Bureau (WSB) we know that the action of volunteering has surprising benefits for the volunteer, for the nonprofit and for the community. And thinking about how you want to benefit from volunteering is a good start to finding an opportunity that’s right for you.
- Gain confidence: VolunteerWSB can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference: Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive effect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people: Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community: Volunteering can help you feel part of the local community.
- Learn new skills: Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even gain qualifications.
- Take on a challenge: Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun!Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
WSB Riyadh, inspires and empowers women of all nationalities living in Riyadh by providing them with the tools, resources and career guidance to allow them to thrive in all aspects of their lives. By creating a community that connects experience, knowledge and skills with individuals, the WSB supports women and enables them to realize their potential both now and in the future.